Protecting Animals through the ages
In a world where there is so much suffering and cruelty, it’s important to remember that there are people out there who are fighting for those that cannot fight for themselves. The Humane Society of Greater Niagara has been fighting for animals since our inception in 1881. We are an essential part of the community and dedicated to:
With a strong commitment to fundraising and membership development and as a charitable not-for-profit organization, The Humane Society of Greater Niagara relies on the kindness of the community through donations and volunteers. We deal with a diverse animal population and are faced with many situations, oftentimes in severe climate conditions. In order to continue our much-needed services, we encourage public support with a tax-deductible donation. It is our priviledge and intention to provide a wealth of services to animals in need for many years to come.
The existence of a humane society in St. Catharines was first mentioned, in the Standard newspaper.
The Lincoln County Humane Society was officially formed.
Lincoln County Humane Society became incorporated in Ontario.
Lincoln County Humane Society became a registered charity through the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
LCHS changed its Operating As Name to Humane Society of Greater Niagara.